Menu

01Funding3

01Tours3

Delivery400A

Store400

Logo for Mosque of Omar

The Mosque of Omar is located on the west side of Manger Square, across the square from the Church of the Nativity. The current mosque was built in 1860, and was renovated in 1955, during Jordanian control of the city. The land used for its construction was donated by Jerusalem's Greek Orthodox Church. In the past, before the advent of light bulbs, it was common for Muslims and Christians in Bethlehem to offer olive oil to light up the surroundings of the mosque, evidence of religious coexistence in the city.

Views: 508   Rating: 0.00   Votes: 0   Favorites: 0  
AddressAddress
Manger Square, Bethlehem
Opening HoursOpening Hours
Every day from 4:30 a.m. – 9:30 p.m. (except during prayer times)
Mosque of Omar

Mosque of Omar

Mosque of Omar

Mosque of Omar

Mosque of Omar

Mosque of Omar

Destination Address:
Starting Address:

Please wait as we process your request...

01TouristsnVisitors400

01InvestorsEntrepreneurs400

01ngosnfunders400

01artistsnartisans400

01SmallnLargeBusinesses3

01employeenemployer400

Contact Obethlehem

Email:
Subject:
Message:

© Copyright Obethlehem, 2010-2022. All rights reserved